We are a distinctive public liberal arts college that welcomes and inspires students to develop their knowledge and skills to build a better world. Our supportive, inclusive community is exceptional in cultivating creativity, engagement, and discovery. We find strength in diversity, joy in growth, and fulfillment in lifelong learning.
Geneseo will be recognized widely for demontrating the enduring power of a public liberal arts education.
The Geneseo campus community is guided by our beliefs in and commitments to the following values:
- Learning: Embracing high expectations for intellectual inquiry, critical thinking, scholarly exploration, and personal growth.
- Creativity: Empowering a spirit of innovation that inspires intellectual curiosity, self-expression, and problem-solving.
- Belonging: Welcoming a diverse campus community that supports and celebrates different identities, promotes equity and inclusion, and respects the ideas and contributions of each individual.
- Civic Engagement: Encouraging active participation grounded in self-reflection, empathy, and an ethical commitment to the common good of our local and global communities.
- Sustainability: Building a culture of well-being that integrates and applies principles of environmental, social, and economic stewardship informed by an understanding of the past and our obligations to the future.
2021 -22 Strategic Plan
Our five-year strategic plan ends in 2021, an unprecedented time for the world in the midst of the worst pandemic in over a century. We are also preparing our self-study report for institutional accreditation, a time for reflection and analysis. Planning for an extended period does not feel possible when so much is uncertain. The College has elected to set its priorities for the next year only based on the focus areas from the previous strategic plan and the emerging priorities of the pandemic. The next five-year plan will be informed by the analysis of the accreditation process.
- Student Success and Well-Being
- Financial Sustainability
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Racial Justice
- Planning for the Future
More information regarding the 2021-22 Strategic Plan can be found at https://www.geneseo.edu/spg/2021-22-strategic-plan