Dedicated to learning, SUNY Geneseo is a residential public liberal arts college with selected professional and graduate programs. We combine a rigorous curriculum, transformational learning experiences, and a rich co-curricular life to create a dynamic and inclusive scholarly environment. The entire College community works together to advance knowledge and inspire students to be socially responsible and globally aware citizens who are prepared for an enriched life and success in the world.
Geneseo will be recognized widely for demontrating the enduring power of a public livertal arts education.
The Geneseo campus community is guided by our beliefs in and commitments to the following values:
- Learning: embracing high expectations for intellectual inquiry, scholarly achievement, and personal growth;
- Creativity: affirming a spirit of innovation that inspires intellectual curiosity and problem solving;
- Inclusivity: fostering a diverse campus community marked by mutual respect for the unique talents and contributions of each individual;
- Civic responsibility: promoting ethical local and global citizenship; and
- Sustainability: advancing just principles of ecological, social, and economic stewardship.
Geneseo 2021: Seeing Beyond the Horizon
The time has come for Geneseo to reaffirm its claim as a wellspring of liberal education of the highest quality, and to be known for its world-class faculty, academically focused students who bring an array of talents to the campus, stunning physical setting, outstanding curricular and co-curricular programs, highly competitive and routinely successful intercollegiate teams, and a strong brand. By doing so, we face the future with confidence, secure in the knowledge that the Geneseo we love will endure, and the innovations we mindfully create will advance the College to new heights.
Focus Area 1: Learning
- Objective 1: Pursue curricular innovation.
- Objective 2: Improve support to faculty and staff to explore innovative approaches teaching, learning, and research.
- Objective 3: Build a more effective and integrated learning and information infrastructure.
- Objective 4: Strengthen faculty oversight/governance of curriculum.
Focus Area 2: Access and Success
- Objective 1: Increase recruitment of qualified applicants that represent a diverse student population..
- Objective 2: Increase the yield of qualified applicants that represent a diverse population.
- Objective 3: Pursue innovative and proactive retention & student success strategies.
- Objective 4: Provide a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Focus Area 3: Advancing the Public Good
- Objective 1: Strengthen our engagement with local and regional communities including alumni.
- Objective 2: Enhance our capacity as a public cultural resource.
- Objetive 3c: Connect scholarly resources of the College to appropriate projects in the surrounding community and other partner communities.
Focus Area 4: Resilience and Sustainability
- Objective 1: Enhance the profile and public awareness of the institution through media and communication tools.
- Objective 2: Enhance and promote sustainable practices in all divisions and programs.
- Objective 3: Maintain and redesign facilities, as possible, to create effective learning environments.
- Objective 4: Develop blended and diversified funding strategies.